Saturday, June 23, 2012

Missing My Auntie-Dote

My granny's sister Dorothy passed away today and I felt I had to mark this day with some words.   She was a lovely, lovely lady and I'm missing her very much.

High Tea at Hanbury Manor after school, watching Clarissa together (so scandalous!), the retelling of Gone With The Wind after dark, a visit to St Andrews in my first year, a silly sense of humour, lovely smile and gentle voice.  These are a few of my favorite memories of my wonderful Great Auntie-Dote and I'm holding on to them so tightly today.  

Sending much love to all my family in the UK and in North America.  I know we're all wishing we could be together for a big group hug right now.  Hopefully a virtual hug will do. 



1 comment:

  1. So sad to hear your news. Those are some really nice memories you have of your great aunt...it sounds like she was one special lady!

    ReplyDelete