Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Camera, Same Subjects

I went out and bought a fancy-pants new camera on sale for a ridiculously good price (I saved $300!) and last weekend I nervously took off the lens cap and took some shots of the kids and Mark, all working and/or playing in the backyard.   I've since used it for a couple of other playdates and I'm very pleased with the results, and I think you will be too!

Here's Will patiently posing for me in the backyard.  When he really smiles, its lovely, very infectious. 

Ellybelle chomping away on her favorite fruit - watermelon

"Yum!"

My pretty girl, playing in the sandbox.  You can imagine the state of her afterwards though, what with all the sand adhering to sticky watermelon juice.  Summer definitely means more baths.

Mr Miles came over for a playdate last week.  So much fun.  I love the way these two interact.  They watch each other a lot and I think the sharing is going well so far.  Apparently Miles was quite keen to imitate Elly's walking once he got home.  Nothing like peer pressure for racking up the toddler milestones!

I think Elly was offering to make Miles some lunch.

Why does the sight of two little people standing side by side make me smile so much?

Sharing the zoo train

Something's got their attention.  Probably food.

Sweet Miles, we love you so much! 

Annie, Miles's beautiful mummy.  She doesn't realise she's actually sitting in the middle of the shopping cart raceway.

 Miles maneuvers his cart with ease.

Puzzling over a puzzle

So ladylike.  "Peekaboo!"

We had a BBQ with a gaggle of friends and their kids on Saturday.  So great to have everyone there.  I even managed to get a good group shot of us all!





I don't exactly know what Will is reenacting for Abby, but she clearly thinks its good.


Busy at the play-doh table

Caleb & his pretty mama, who I sadly don't see enough of now that she's gone back to work.  Booooo! Come back, Amber, come baaaaaaaack!

Cheeky monkeys. They were being egged on by Uncle Paul and Uncle Chris just off camera.

Mummy and Elly (with mummy's new haircut)

 Hanging out on the steps

Our hosts Michelle & Chris's gorgeous daughter Jocelyn, who is going to be a big sister in August.  Love those big brown eyes.

Miles drumming away to his own beat

Peter, feeling a litle artsy, a little angsty, goes to play the banjo by himself for a while.


And last but not least, today's playdate with Anika and Mila (although Mila was napping when these photos were taken).  No better way to spend an afternoon than with good friends, a sprinkler, some snacks and mummies who can gossip over a glass of Pimms.

Will and Anika braving the raging waters of the caterpillar sprinkler.  Will was very nervous before Meg turned the water on, but when he saw the rather calm little water jets just barely making their way out of the sprinkler he said "oh, dats not so bad" and ran through it.  So brave, snort.

Jumping over was even braver!

Once he saw there was no danger, Owen had to have a go

Elliot in her cute new swimsuit & shoes, debating if she wants to get wet

Anika tries to persuade her.  Side note - I'm awed by how quickly little adorable Anika has become the biggie.  I met her and her wonderful mother Meg when she was just turning two.  Now look at her! Still adorable though.

Splish splash

Swinging to dry himself off, he told me

Oh sweet girl.  How do they grow so fast?!

Is it just me, or is this kid stinkin' cute?! Must be the new camera ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it must have taken you AGES to upload all those photos! It was certainly worth it. They are all cute as buttons, especially little Elle in her fancy swimsuit. xxx

    ReplyDelete