Thursday, June 16, 2011

Little Miss Fashion

Where do girls learn this?  I don't think this is something we've shoved her way.  I think she's been surrounded by boys and trucks and 4 year old scatalogical humour.  I don't think I've paraded around or flounced about.  And yet, we seem to be growing a girlie-girl.  And I have to say, I think its pretty great, just because she clearly knows what it is she wants and how best to achieve it.  These shoes with this hat.  This bag with those sunglasses.  Who are we to stifle her fashionista ways?

Two stories for you to illustrate my point.  About a month ago, I got Elly dressed in her room in a tshirt and jeans and then walked into my room to get myself dressed.  I could hear her down the hallway, opening up her drawers and making all kinds of fussy noises.  "I'm in here, Elly," I called, thinking she was needing me.  More fussing and drawer slamming and finally I hear her crawl-stomping her way over to my room.  In she comes, right up to me and starts yelling at me, 'gah-bah!  MAM!  MAM!  Gah-bah-dah!"  I look down and she's got a very angry expression on her face and is waving around a pair of fleece trousers with a pink and brown leopard print on them.  She's waving them around and yelling at me and finally I say, "Would you like to wear those?"  I change her pants as she rants and raves at me and as soon as I get her fleece pants on she immediately quietens down, pats her legs and gives me a satisfied little grunt.  And toddles off in her choice of clothes.

The second story happened yesterday morning as we were all getting ready for school.  I got the boys' sunscreen on and was throwing snacks into their bags when I said, "okay everyone, time to go, let's get to the front door."  As I make my own way there, what do I spy but my daughter, in her jammies, with her hat on and a paper shopping bag on her arm, waiting patiently for the rest of us.  'Ready to go, mam", she seemed to be saying.  I didn't get a photo then, but she very conveniently recreated the moment for me this morning near her bedroom, with the same outfit.  Cute or what?  This girl is fashion-fierce!


Many of you have probably seen my favorite recent photos of the diva, which I posted on facebook not long ago.  But for those of you who haven't seen them, check out this fabulousness.  She chose the bag and sunglasses.  All I did was invite her outside.



Stay tuned for more fashionable Elliot Anne moments because I'm pretty confident we haven't seen the last of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment