Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy First Birthday

I've spent a lot of time trying to think what to write for your first birthday, Elliot my love, and nothing seemed right.  I said to your daddy "I just want to put her on the blog, just capture her very essence, but I can't find the words."  

He said, "A picture is worth a thousand words".

I've been singing the same line from an old song over and over today and I think your daddy, who loves you so very much, gorgeous girl, is right.  

Happy Birthday, sweet girl.  We're so very glad you came along to join us.

I give her all my love/ that's all I do/
And if you saw my love/ you'd love her too/ I love her
                                                                                     - The Beatles, I Love Her

9 comments:

  1. Tee hee. Great Pic. That's a framer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Birthday baby girl! I love the picture of her holding her foot while sleeping...amazing :) Wishing Elliot a lifetime of love and happiness. Bless you all
    Hugs, Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday little Elly. I hope you all have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the update to the boys' picture at the top of the page, thanks for the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anita! Have you noticed that it updates every time I write a new post (or almost every time) to match the theme of the post? If you hadn't spotted that, then click on the link on the left hand side that says "previous MummaBumma titles and Elly photos" (because the footer at the bottom gets updated too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so sweet. I don't care what people say--something super special about a little girl. :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Elly Belly!! You're asleep now (I hope)...on your way to being 1 year, 1 day old. I hope that every new day brings you exciting and wonderful discoveries, and many laughs!
    Lots of love xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Elly! Hope your day is very special:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elly - As precious as the incredible Mom who brought you into this world....like MummaBumma like daughter :)
    Thinking of you all
    XOXO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete