Friday, January 25, 2013

Short But Sweet

Some things I don't want to forget.....

The way Elly says "thlum" instead of "thumb" and "paul" for "small".  "Dese mittens are too paul for my thlumb, mama!"

Sitting at the library and watching the big brothers walk away from me as they hold Elly's hands, taking her to the water fountain on their own.  Their gentleness and protectiveness made my heart grow about three sizes.

Listening to William sobbing his heart out after Mark finished the made-up-on-the-fly knight's story he had been telling the boys every night for a month.  He just didn't want the adventures of Sir Frederick and the Dark Knight to end apparently.  He's been promised a sequel though.

Owen's random hug, kiss or I Love You, Mummy attacks.  Nothing beats a quick fierce hug from a small boy.

They might drive me crazy on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.  I might want to pull my hair out at my daughter's screeching or my sons' wrestling matches.  But goshdarnnit!  I love these three kids!





No comments:

Post a Comment