Thursday, January 5, 2012

Skiers!

Gran and Grandpa gave the boys a wonderful gift for Christmas - ski lessons at the cottage's local ski hill.  They went to the hill (about 20mins away) every day for 5 days and had lessons for 2 hours with the wonderful Caroline, a 16 year old full of energy and fun.  Just what the boy needed.  I went over one day with Mark (who took them everyday, thank you Spark!) and managed to video them on their last run of the morning.  I should add that it was a bone-chilling -22 C, but with the wind it felt more like -27.  It was so cold out there!  And my brave little guys gamely went up and down the hill.  So impressed!  The video below is a little shakey because it was so cold and my bare hands could hardly hold the camera (my mitts were too big to film with), so I kept changing hands and putting one in my pocket to warm up.


3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! So proud of them!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to figure out what -22 C is in real degrees. ;) Just kidding. I know what it is. It is freaking cold farenheit. what brave boys! I love that they teach them without poles and I love the Caroline's of the world. Good job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try not to feel so cold about our freezing temperatures now (sneeze!). Lovely to read about what you and the boys are getting up to. Read http://millgreenfood.blogspot.co.uk/ for my new blog. They are getting so big, our kids. Agatha (just over one) is starting to communicate and is nearly walking. When they all get on it is so wonderful. But, boy, it's warfare when the sparks fly.

    ReplyDelete