Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Fifth Birthday Owen & Will!

I'm not too sure what happened.  I'm still in shock really.  I warned you I'd be tearful today, but I think I'm so bowled over by the fact that five years have gone by in the blink of an eye that I can only stand here and gape at you.  

 A minute ago you were looking at me like this


And now all of a sudden you're looking at me like this

I just don't really get it, guys.  I mean, where are my babies?  Who are these string beans kissing me goodbye as they head into senior kindergarten?  Who are these handsome devils who grin at me mischievously as I pick them up for lunch?  All of a sudden I've got boys who swim, who skate, who bike, who run like the wind.  I've got boys who crack jokes, who speak french, who load the dishwasher and clean up their rooms (under pain of death, of course).  

I...I...I'm at a loss for words.  I think I'm just going to have to hug you and kiss you and squeeze you both all day until I find the words to tell you how much I love you and how proud I am of you every day.  Love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment