Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ants....In Their Pants

Remember the knight costumes I made for camp last year?  Well its another week of Arts Camp and another themed costume day.  This week its "Under The Grass".  I kind of forgot about it until last night at 8pm and then frantically ran around getting things together.  I decided to ignore Mark's suggestion of dressing the boys in grey and calling them rocks and have instead opted for ants.  All I can say is, thank goodness Amber lives nearby, that Abby wears the same size as the boys, that she has two pairs of black leggings to spare AND that she has a good supply of pipe cleaners. 

Behold, the Mighty Ant! 
PS - the Mighty Ants look grumpy because its 7am, the grass is wet and I've made them walk across the yard for a photo shoot.  But they do love their last-minute costumes and are excited for the day ahead! 
PPS - having looked at the photos, I think I might remove one part of the rolled-up cardboard in the "legs" because the look too long and cumbersome.  And maybe it'll be easier to tie around their waists if they were shorter.  






2 comments:

  1. Love the costumes...and I just want to say that you are a rockin' cool mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Auntie Karen! I remember being dressed up as a 'cleaning lady' going to a fancy dress party and I still have the scars. It involved me wearing my normal clothes, with a few tea towels stuck into my skirt. Nul points for effort!!! xx

    ReplyDelete